Waterford is an unincorporated village in the Catoctin Valley of Loudoun County, Virginia, located along Catoctin Creek. Waterford is 47 miles northwest of Washington, D.C., and 7 miles northwest of Leesburg. The entire village and surrounding countryside is a National Historic Landmark district. In the 1810 United States Census, the population center of the United States was recorded as being just northwest of the village.
The Waterford Historic District is a National Historic Landmark and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was listed as a Virginia Historic Landmark in 1969. Waterford and a significant portion of its surrounding countryside was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1970. Significant buildings include the mill (circa 1750), Arch House Row (circa 1750), Camelot School (circa 1800) and the 1882 Presbyterian church.