Welcome to your weekly 5 Things Friday post where we cover the Loudoun county real estate market, fun things to do, and new things to try in the NoVA area!
Dip in new contracts.
As expected, there was a decline in new contract activity in Loudoun for the week ending June 4, 2023. After the lower showing traffic last week, fewer offers and acceptances followed. In good news, that means a rebound is anticipated next week. But contracts continue to lag 2022 as interest rates now flirt with 7% and inventory tightness limits activity.
Showings and listings have weekly gains.
New listings in Loudoun County increased 193% indicating that sellers may have postponed going live until after the holiday weekend. New listings are still below last year and 2019.
Is relief in pace coming soon?
For the week ending June 4, the median time to contract bumped up one day to 13 days. One day and one week’s increase does not make a trend, but past years show June as a turning point for spring market tightness. Many are looking for the Fed to pause rate hikes. Mortgage rate movement will impact demand while the lack of inventory will keep the market competitive for buyers.
Get ready for an exhilarating weekend filled with thrilling rides, delicious food, live entertainment, and endless fun for the whole family. This highly anticipated event is set to take place at the vibrant heart of One Loudoun, a premier destination for entertainment and leisure.
Step into a world of enchantment as the One Loudoun Carnival transforms Uptown into a mesmerizing wonderland. The air will be buzzing with excitement as you explore a myriad of attractions and experiences designed to delight visitors of all ages.
Prepare for heart-pounding adventures as the carnival brings a wide selection of exhilarating rides. From thrilling roller coasters that twist and turn, to gentle carousels that transport you to a bygone era, there’s a ride for every thrill-seeker and little adventurer alike. Hold on tight and feel the adrenaline rush as you soar through the air and experience the magic of the carnival.
Running June 7th – 25th.
Mon–Fri 5–11pm | Sat 1–11pm | Sun 3–11pm
Local Business Highlight
Located in Downtown Leesburg, VA, Dig! Records & Vintage offers a wide variety of New and Used LPs 45s.
Genres include Rock Soul Jazz Blues Punk Metal Funk International Soundtracks and many rare and hard to find records.
Dig! @Digvintageleesburg Also has a second floor dedicated to Men’s and Women’s
Vintage Clothing, Mid Mod Furniture, Housewares, Concert Shirts and whatever else we can dig up!
Stop by and check them out.
Come celebrate summer at the Farm at Halley Rise! From free kid-friendly scavenger hunts, to kite decorating, to bouquet making stands, there’s something for everyone.
There will be live music from the wonderful Moose Jaw Bluegrass and Rocklands BBQ food truck will be on-site selling delicious lunch. Bring your family, and enjoy a day filled with fun activities!
- Bug Scavenger Hunt (free!): Grab a scavenger hunt card and explore the farm! We’ll have toy bugs hidden throughout the farm, and guests will get to explore the farm while searching for different types of garden bugs. There’s even a great prize for those who finish the hunt!
- Kite Decorating Station(free, while supplies last): Get creative and decorate a kite to bring home!
- Farm Tours (free!): We’ll offer tours of the farm every hour from noon-2pm. Learn all about the Farm at Halley Rise from one of our knowledgeable farmers!
- Bouquet Making (free, while supplies last!): Try your hand at flower arranging! An Up Top Acres farmer will give you tips and tricks for arranging a beautiful bouquet to bring home!
- Face Painting (free): We’ll have two face painters on-site to make your face painting dreams come true!
- Lawn Games: Come play corn hole, giant jenga, and giant connect-four!
- Lunch: Grab lunch from the delicious food truck from Rocklands BBQ!
- Compost: Pluvr will be onsite collecting food waste, selling vermicompost and organic soil, and chatting about all things composting.
The event is free to attend. If you choose the donation ticket option, all funds will be donated to our community partner, Cornerstones.
Create a masterpiece and unleash your pent-up creativity — or inner hooligan all at the same time.
Enjoy an hour of wild fun throwing paint around at a 16×20 canvas in our super unique Splatter Paint Room! They provide you with a full body jumpsuit, goggles, gloves and 6 stock colors (white, black, red, yellow, green, and blue).
And, you can book the room for up to 25 people, which makes it perfect for extended-family outings, bachelor and bachelorette parties, and art-class field trips.
Best of all, you can take your artwork home. And for some inspiration, Jackson Pollock’s Number 17A is the fifth-most-expensive painting ever. It sold for $200 million in 2015.